Trip Planner:   Europe  /  Germany  /  Hesse  /  Frankfurt  /  English Theatre

English Theatre, Frankfurt

4.7
The English Theatre Frankfurt plays a pivotal role in the cultural life of Frankfurt, a city with the largest proportional international community in Germany. The theatre has become an important landmark for the Frankfurt-Rhein-Main region, due to its consistent, high-quality standards, international flair and function as a meeting point for people of all nationalities. The Hessen government have referred to it as a beacon for the whole region.

The English Theatre presents a diverse program of its own productions for a broad audience. The shows offer a wealth of entertainment on a high level.

The English Theatre produces at least five plays per season. This includes classics, comedies, thrillers, contemporary plays and musicals. The casting and rehearsal of the theatre´s own productions are held in London.

70% of the visitors to the English Theatre are German speakers and the remaining 30% stems from the large English-speaking community in and around Frankfurt.

The theatre’s auditorium seats 300 and makes use of the latest audio-visual technical equipment. The adjacent bar, James, has two floors equipped with cosy but contemporary furniture, which underlines the unique atmosphere of the theatre itself.
Take a look at our Frankfurt travel planner to schedule your visit to English Theatre and learn about what else to see and do during your holiday.
Source
Create an itinerary including English Theatre
map
© OpenMapTiles © OpenStreetMap contributors
English Theatre Reviews
Rate this attraction
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating 4.5
235 reviews
TripAdvisor
  • We were happy to enjoy a play in English in Frankfurt. The bar served cocktails. The room was nice. The play was futuristic and interesting. A nice evening.  more »
  • Great performances, every time a pleasure. Ingenious actors! Anyone who visits Frankfurt or lives here should be able to visit here at least once.
    View original
Places to stay near English Theatre

Plan your trip to Frankfurt

  • Get a personalized plan

    A complete day-by-day itinerary
    based on your preferences
  • Customize it

    Refine your plan. We'll find the
    best routes and schedules
  • Book it

    Choose from the best hotels
    and activities. Up to 50% off
  • Manage it

    Everything in one place.
    Everyone on the same page.

Popular things to do in Frankfurt

View all >
4.4
Duration: 2​h 30​min
4.6
Duration: 2​h 30​min
4.5
Duration: 30​min

Side trips from Frankfurt

4.8
Duration: 2​h 30​min
4.6
Duration: 2​h
4.6
Duration: 1​h 30​min
4.3
Duration: 8​h

Hidden gems in Frankfurt

4.4
Duration: 2​h
4.8
Duration: 1​h 30​min
4.5
Duration: 1​h 30​min
4.5
Duration: 1​h 30​min

Museums in Frankfurt

View all >
3.5
Duration: 1​h 30​min
4.8
Duration: 1​h 30​min
4.5
Duration: 1​h 30​min

Shopping in Frankfurt

View all >
5.0
Duration: 1​h 30​min
5.0
Duration: 1​h 30​min
4.3
Duration: 4​h
3.7
Duration: 1​h 30​min

Nearby attractions in Frankfurt

4.4
Duration: 1​h
4.0
Duration: 1​h 30​min
3.7
Duration: 2​h 30​min
4.5
Duration: 30​min