The Workshops Rail Museum, Ipswich
Trip Planner: South Pacific / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane Region / Ipswich / The Workshops Rail Museum
Part of the Queensland Museum NetworkPut The Workshops Rail Museum and other Ipswich attractions into our Ipswich sightseeing planner, and watch your holiday take shape.
ENews | http://bit.ly/TWRM-ENews
Twitter | http://twitter.com/RailMuseum_Qld
Instagram | http://instagram.com/theworkshopsrailmuseum
Pinterest | http://pinterest/railmuseumqld
The Workshops Rail Museum, part of the Queensland Museum Network, administers this page as a forum to exchange stories, information, ideas and images that enhance the richness and variety of the collections and research outcomes of the Museum.
Comments and other content posted by you on this fan page may be removed by the administrator if it:
• impersonates any other person or falsely claim to represent any other person, whether living or dead, real or fictitious
• is abusive, harassing, threatening or violates the legal rights of others
• is misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libellous
• is a statement that may interfere with or prejudice the course of or otherwise deals with civil or criminal proceedings that are presently before any court, tribunal, commission or similar body or any investigation by the police, Crime and Misconduct Commission or other agency
• seeks to raise personal matters which have been dealt with or concluded judicially
• uses insulting, threatening or provocative language or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people
• incites hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
• includes indecent, obscene, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate language, information or other content
• infringes the intellectual property rights of others or discloses their confidential information
• contains any commercial advertising material
• is not relevant to the themes currently being discussed and sought to be addressed in connection with the Queensland Museum or
• invades the personal privacy of any other person or groups without their consent
Users found to be repeatedly engaging in the above activities will be banned from this page.
Tours to The Workshops Rail Museum
The Workshops Rail Museum Reviews
If you have lived in the Ipswich region and you have not been to the Workshop Rail museum you are doing yourself and you kids a big disservice. It is a great day or 2 out and you can learn so much and... more »
Just North of the city centre and quite visible from Pine Mountain Road, the main drag to the Warrego H8ghway heading out of town. An amazing spot for those interested in trains. A must see if you are... more »
This place is huge!! Lots of history with heritage listed buildings and enormous garden areas. So much to see inside the museum itself, such as the model rail display....which is fabulous. And "Underworld, Mugshots from the Roaring 20's" is an amazing exhibit visiting from a Sydney museum at the moment, finishes in Feb 2019, definitely worth a look!! All the staff were friendly and helpful. Plus they have a lovely cafe with good food and coffee. Or you can bring your own picnic and eat in the grounds.
What a great place to take the kids! See our culture, learn fascinating facts and the rail museum always puts on great themes for the kids. The price was well worth the 3 hours spent here. Practically had to drag the kids out!
Places to stay near The Workshops Rail Museum
Plan your trip to Ipswich
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
View all >
Side trips from Ipswich
Hidden gems in Ipswich
Nearby attractions in Ipswich
Kid-friendly things to do in Ipswich
Plans to The Workshops Rail Museum by other users
58 days in Queensland BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA July, teens, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: July, teens, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 11 days in Brisbane, Gold Coast & Byron Bay BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA July, culture, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife, slow & easy, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: July, culture, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Slow & easy 7 days in Brisbane, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park & Cairns BY A USER FROM CANADA October, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife, fast-paced, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: October, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, museums, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Fast-paced 58 days in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM June, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, museums, shopping, wildlife, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: June, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, museums, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 2 days in Ipswich & Tweed Heads BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA July, teens, kids, slow & easy, popular sights PREFERENCES: July, teens, kids ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Slow & easy 19 days in Australia BY A USER FROM SINGAPORE July, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, wildlife, hidden gems PREFERENCES: July, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Hidden gems PACE: Medium