Trip Planner: South Pacific / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane Region / Ipswich / The Workshops Rail Museum
Part of the Queensland Museum NetworkPut The Workshops Rail Museum and other Ipswich attractions into our Ipswich sightseeing planner, and watch your holiday take shape.
ENews | http://bit.ly/TWRM-ENews
Twitter | http://twitter.com/RailMuseum_Qld
Instagram | http://instagram.com/theworkshopsrailmuseum
Pinterest | http://pinterest/railmuseumqld
The Workshops Rail Museum, part of the Queensland Museum Network, administers this page as a forum to exchange stories, information, ideas and images that enhance the richness and variety of the collections and research outcomes of the Museum.
Comments and other content posted by you on this fan page may be removed by the administrator if it:
• impersonates any other person or falsely claim to represent any other person, whether living or dead, real or fictitious
• is abusive, harassing, threatening or violates the legal rights of others
• is misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libellous
• is a statement that may interfere with or prejudice the course of or otherwise deals with civil or criminal proceedings that are presently before any court, tribunal, commission or similar body or any investigation by the police, Crime and Misconduct Commission or other agency
• seeks to raise personal matters which have been dealt with or concluded judicially
• uses insulting, threatening or provocative language or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people
• incites hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
• includes indecent, obscene, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate language, information or other content
• infringes the intellectual property rights of others or discloses their confidential information
• contains any commercial advertising material
• is not relevant to the themes currently being discussed and sought to be addressed in connection with the Queensland Museum or
• invades the personal privacy of any other person or groups without their consent
Users found to be repeatedly engaging in the above activities will be banned from this page.
The Workshops Rail Museum Tours
The Workshops Rail Museum Reviews
We went there on a rainy day in early December. Great for the children and the adults. Lots of trains to get in and touch as well as side exhibitions (not train related). They also have an area with a... more »
We visited here to show our grandson all the trains, and to get up and personal with them as even at the age of 2, he is fascinated with them. Alas, it really didn’t turn out the way we had hoped. Man... more »
This place is huge!! Lots of history with heritage listed buildings and enormous garden areas. So much to see inside the museum itself, such as the model rail display....which is fabulous. And "Underworld, Mugshots from the Roaring 20's" is an amazing exhibit visiting from a Sydney museum at the moment, finishes in Feb 2019, definitely worth a look!! All the staff were friendly and helpful. Plus they have a lovely cafe with good food and coffee. Or you can bring your own picnic and eat in the grounds.
What a great place to take the kids! See our culture, learn fascinating facts and the rail museum always puts on great themes for the kids. The price was well worth the 3 hours spent here. Practically had to drag the kids out!
Places to stay near The Workshops Rail Museum
Plan your trip to Ipswich
Get a personalized planA complete day-by-day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your plan. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
View all >
Side trips from Ipswich
Hidden gems in Ipswich
Nearby attractions in Ipswich
Kid-friendly things to do in Ipswich
Plans to The Workshops Rail Museum by other users
34 days in New Zealand & Australia BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES August, kids, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, wildlife, fast-paced, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: August, kids, culture, outdoors, beaches, historic sites, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Fast-paced 13 days in Ipswich & Warrnambool BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA July, popular sights PREFERENCES: July ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 22 days in Brisbane BY A USER FROM SINGAPORE January, teens, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, shopping, wildlife, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: January, teens, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 10 days in Gold Coast, Hervey Bay & Brisbane BY A USER FROM SINGAPORE September, kids, popular & hidden gems PREFERENCES: September, kids ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular & hidden gems PACE: Medium 17 days in Brisbane Region BY A USER FROM PHILIPPINES July, teens, kids, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife, popular sights PREFERENCES: July, teens, kids, culture, outdoors, relaxing, beaches, historic sites, museums, shopping, wildlife ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium 14 days in Brisbane Region BY A USER FROM PHILIPPINES July, teens, kids, popular sights PREFERENCES: July, teens, kids ATTRACTION STYLE: Popular sights PACE: Medium